SALES ASSOCIATE LICENSE PROCESS
A sales associate is a person who performs for another person, and for compensation, sells, exchanges, buys rents or offers real property, but who performs such act under the direction, control, or management of a broker or owner/developer on a transactional basis.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have a United States Social Security number to apply. Visit the Social Security Administration website for information on how to obtain one
- Have high school diploma or GED its equivalent
- Complete and pass the state approved 63 hour Sales Associate pre-license course
- Pass the state exam - The examination is given by Pearson Vue.
To locate a testing center near you and set up your exam click here
- Submit application to the Division of Real Estate via online or mail
- Online application – click hereand create an online profile on DBPR Profile
- Mail application – Download and print the application click here
- The fee is $89.00 – May be paid online, personal check or money order
- Electronic Fingerprints - Applicant must have a background check as part of the licensing process. See below:
Electronic Finger Prints
- Offered in class at your convenience or...
- Electronic finger prints are processed through the state testing center, Pearson Vue
- To locate a testing center near you click here
- An appointment must be made onlineor by calling 877-238-8232
- Submit fee of $61.00
On average it will take 3 – 4 weeks for your application to be processed and approved.
Check the status of your application online click here.